Citra is the best Nintendo 3DS emulator for PC that you can find on the Internet today. By downloading Citra for PC, you will be able to access all Nintendo 3DS games from your Windows, including exclusive Nintendo games such as Mario, Zelda or Pokémon.
Although there are other emulators that measure up, Citra is so good that there is no need for any other replacement option. As you can imagine, this emulator is totally free, as are the ROM files with which you can emulate the different games.
How to download and install Citra on Windows
- Download the .exe file from the following link: Download Citra for Windows
- Open the .exe file on your PC
- Follow the simple installation steps.
How to install ROMs in Citra
ROMs files are the format of choice for Nintendo 3DS games. In order to enjoy the game you want, you will need to download the corresponding ROM file (on the internet it is very easy to find using Google, just search for “Nintendo 3DS ROMS”. Once you have ready the games you want to play in the Citra emulator, follow these steps:
- Access the Citra program files folder: Windows (C) -> Users -> AppData -> Local -> Citra
- Inside this folder, create a new folder, and name it “roms”
- Insert the ROM files inside this folder.
When you complete these steps, it will be as simple as opening the emulator and selecting the game you wish to emulate. Citra’s compatibility is very good with most 3DS console titles, especially with the most famous ones, so in most cases you will not encounter any failure.