GCEmu is a Gamecube Emulator for Computer, so it will allow us to play Gamecube games on our PC for free. The main feature to highlight in the GCEmu emulator is the speed, as both its loading speed and playback, the games run very smoothly, but those that work, as its compatibility with some of the versions of the Gamecube is quite limited.
Download GCEmu Free for your PC
To download GCEmu for PC you must follow the instructions below:
- Download the file from the button above.
- In case you are asked for confirmation, confirm the download of unknown origin.
- Wait for the download to finish.
- If the downloaded file is in .zip or .rar format, you will have to unzip it.
- Once we have unzipped the contents, we look for an .exe file (the installer) in the folder.
- Run the .exe file.
- We will continue with the installation instructions.
How to install GCEmu Emulator ?
To install GCEmu on your computer you will have to follow the instructions below:
- Before proceeding with the installation we will make sure that we are running the process on a compatible operating system.
- Once the installation file has been executed, follow the instructions of the installer.
- Select the option to create a shortcut, so you can run the emulator from the desktop.
- Once the installation is finished, you can go to the desktop and click on the corresponding icon to enjoy GCEmu.
Downloading and Installing Games in GCEmu Emulator
The vast majority of emulators are just that: an emulator. To make a comparison, it is like when you buy a console, you simply have the device in question. However, to play both on a console and on an emulator we also need the games. To do this we will have to get what is known as ROMs (is the format of the games for Emulators) that really come to be the original games of each console, in this case of the Gamecube is a compatible format and executable by the emulator. Once we have these files we will only have to run the emulator, and in the toolbar look for an option that puts open file or open ROM.