MAME is a NeoGeo Emulator for Computer, so it will allow us to play NeoGeo games on our PC completely free of charge. The main feature to highlight in the MAME emulator is its versatility when emulating NeoGeo games as well as other classic consoles. MAME runs the games perfectly and with a high speed in each frame, even improving the quality of some games. This is a very interesting option when emulating video games from this console.
Download MAME Free for your Computer
To download MAME for PC you will need to follow the instructions below:
- Download the file from the button above
- In case you are asked for confirmation, confirm the download of unknown origin.
- Wait for the download to finish.
- If the downloaded file is in .zip or .rar format we will have to unzip it.
- Once we have unzipped the contents, we look for an .exe file (the installer) in the folder.
- Execute the .exe file.
- Follow the installation instructions.
How to install MAME?
To install MAME on your computer you will have to follow the instructions below:
- Once the installation file has been executed, follow the instructions of the installer.
- Select the option to create a shortcut, so you can run the emulator from the desktop.
- Once the installation is finished, you can go to the desktop and click on the corresponding icon to enjoy MAME.
- To start having fun you just have to add the downloaded games drag the files in ROM format to the emulator folder.
Downloading and Installing games in MAME
The vast majority of emulators are just that: an emulator. To put a comparison is how when you buy a console, you simply have the device in question. However to play both on a console, as in an emulator we also need games. To do this we will have to get what is known as ROMs (is the format of the games for Emulators) that really come to be the original games of each console. In this case, the NeoGeo is a compatible format and executable by the emulator. Once we have these files we will only have to run the emulator, and in the toolbar look for an option that puts open file or open ROM.