Mesen is a NES Emulator for Computer, so it will allow us to play NES games on our PC completely free of charge. The main feature to highlight in Mesen emulator is that it offers high precision when playing and great advantages when we run the different titles of the NES console. It has functions such as saving, rewinding, selecting video filters, HD packages, possibility of increasing the clock frequency and netplay. We are undoubtedly facing one of the most interesting options when selecting an emulator of this console for our computer. In addition, it is compatible with both Windows and Linux and also serves to emulate SNES games.
Download Mesen Free for your PC
To download Mesen for PC you must follow the instructions below:
- Download the file from the button above.
- In case you are asked for confirmation, confirm the download of unknown origin.
- Wait for the download to finish.
- If the downloaded file is in .zip or .rar format, you will have to unzip it.
- Once we have unzipped the contents, we look for an .exe file (the installer) in the folder.
- Run the .exe file.
- Follow the installation instructions.
How to install Mesen?
To install Mesen on your computer you will have to follow the instructions below:
- Before proceeding with the installation we will make sure that we are running the process on a compatible operating system.
- Once the installation file has been executed, follow the instructions of the installer.
- Select the option to create a shortcut, so you can run the emulator from the desktop.
- Once the installation is finished, you can go to the desktop and click on the corresponding icon to enjoy Mesen.
- Downloading and Installing games on ZSNES
The vast majority of emulators are just that: an emulator. To put a comparison is like when you buy a console, you simply have the device in question. However, to play both on a console and on an emulator we also need the games. For it we will have to get what is known as ROMs (it is the format of the games for Emulators) that really come to be the original games of each console. In this case, the NES is a compatible format and executable by the emulator. Once we have these files we will only have to run the emulator, and in the toolbar look for an option that puts open file or open ROM.