Nestopia is a NES Emulator for Computer, so it will allow us to play NES games on our PC completely free of charge. The main feature to highlight in Nestopia Emulator is that it offers a perfect emulation system in which the games run smoothly and it has a user interface that is quite easy to use. In addition, it is compatible with several operating systems, which is ideal for those who do not have a Windows computer. It should also be noted that it has different filters for both image and sound that give an immersive touch to the NES video games that we love so much.
|Operating System||Windows, Mac OS, Linux||Operating System|
|Emulatable Consoles||Consoles Emulatable||NES|
Download Nestopia Free for your Computer
To download Nestopia for PC you should follow the instructions below:
- Download the file from the button above
- In case you are asked for confirmation, confirm the download of unknown origin.
- Wait for the download to finish.
- If the downloaded file is in .zip or .rar format we will have to unzip it.
- Once we have unzipped the contents, we look for an .exe file (the installer) in the folder.
- Execute the .exe file.
- Follow the installation instructions.
How to install Nestopia?
To install Nestopia on your computer you will have to follow the instructions below:
- Before proceeding with the installation we will make sure that we are running the process on a compatible operating system.
- Once the installation file is executed, we will follow the instructions of the installer.
- Select the option to create a shortcut, so you can run the emulator from the desktop.
- Once the installation is finished, you can go to the desktop and click on the corresponding icon to enjoy Nestopia.
Download and Install games in Nestopia
The vast majority of emulators come simply being just that: an emulator. To make a comparison, it’s like when you buy a console, you simply have the device in question. However to play both on a console, as in an emulator we also need games. To do this we will have to get what is known as ROMs (is the format of the games for Emulators) that really come to be the original games of each console. In this case, the NES is a compatible format and executable by the emulator. Once we have these files we will only have to run the emulator, and in the toolbar look for an option that puts open file or open ROM.