Read along (Android & iOS) is a mobile application that Google created in times of pandemic due to the closure of schools, focused on our little ones to help them in their first educational steps, but in a more accessible way for them, as it encourages reading in a more fun way and in which we change the books for the mobile device in which they will surely feel more comfortable to treat the activity as a game, but an educational game in which they will not stop learning and taking their first steps in the school environment in a proper way.
With Read along for PC we can take advantage of all the benefits offered by this application from our Windows, obtaining an identical service to the mobile app.
This application has a myriad of functions and features in which we can highlight:
- Very simple and intuitive interface
- Available in 9 languages
- Colombia, Denmark and the Philippines are the only countries where you can not yet download this app
- Tool suitable for children from 5 years of age
- It has stories and mini-games to encourage reading in a more fun way, in which you get points and unlock different prizes
- It has a “virtual teacher” to motivate or correct according to the reading, thanks to the use of voice recognition
- Compatibility with audio devices
- With our little ones in mind, no ads
- Works without internet connection, you can download up to 9 different stories
- Option to create different profiles
- No registration or personal information required
How to install Read along for PC (Windows)
Since Read along is an application that a priori is only available on Android and iOS, we will need to use an emulator for PC that allows us to install and use it on Windows. To do this, we will only need to follow a few simple steps:
- Download and install BlueStacks in Windows.
- Open BlueStacks as administrator.
- Download the latest version of Read along from these two links on Drive and Mega, respectively: link1 and link2
- Click on the right side area “Install APK”
- Select the APK file you want to install.
- Once this is done, and after waiting for a few seconds, the application will be ready to use normally from BlueStacks.
- If you have any doubts about BlueStacks, you can consult our complete guide on the subject.
Following these simple instructions you will be able to get the Read along application with all its functionalities from your PC.