Trust Wallet (Android & iOS) is a mobile application that works as a multi-currency cryptocurrency wallet. With this application you can buy, exchange, store cryptocurrencies. It also offers other types of services such as checking the current prices of dozens of cryptocurrencies, as well as earning passive income through staking.
With Trust Wallet for PC we can take advantage of all the benefits offered by this application from our Windows, obtaining a service identical to that of the mobile app. Access your assets at any time and check the current market status, make payments or receive income in a totally anonymous and secure way, from a simple and easy to use application. In addition the application is totally free as it is financed through really low commissions. Trust Wallet will always set the best transaction rate (gas calls) depending on network congestion. This can be manually overridden or changed if the user wishes.
Trust Wallet functions and features:
Totally free. Trust wallet is funded through transaction fees.
- Trust wallet is funded through transaction fees.
- Private key. You are not required to store your private key on Trust Wallet’s servers, but can store the key locally on your device.
- Anonymity. Downloading, installing and configuring Trust Wallet does not involve having to provide any personal data.
- Privacy. Trust Wallet also promises never to store any of your private data.
- Trustworthy. The application is open source. Anyone can review the architecture on which trust wallet is programmed.
- Totally secure. Audited by the security expert company Stateful.
- Recovery method. Thanks to multiple methods such as backup installation or key seed.
- Backup installation. By backing up your Trust Wallet during the setup process, you can restore your wallet.
- Staking. Trust supports the staking of multiple cryptocurrencies.
- High compatibility with cryptocurrencies. Supports: Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Binance Coin, TRON, Cosmos, DigiByte, Ravencoin, Tezos…
How to install Trust Wallet for PC (Windows 7, 8 and 10)
Since Trust Wallet is an application that in principle is only available for Android and iOS, we will need to use an emulator for PC that allows us to install and use it on Windows. To do this, we will only need to follow a few simple steps:
- Download and install BlueStacks on Windows.
- Open BlueStacks as administrator.
- Download the latest version of Trust Wallet from these two links on Drive and Mega, respectively: download the app from this Link (Trust Wallet official app)
- Click on the right side area “Install APK”
- Select the APK file you want to install.
- Select the APK file you want to install.
- Once this is done, and after waiting for a few seconds, the application will be ready to use normally from BlueStacks.
- If you have any doubts about BlueStacks, you can consult our complete guide on the subject.
By following these simple instructions you will be able to get the Trust Wallet application with all its functionalities from your PC.
What is a cryptocurrency wallet?
To understand a little better what Trust Wallet is, we will briefly explain what a cryptocurrency wallet consists of. First of all it is worth saying that there are several ways to classify them, the most general way is to group them into two large groups, Coldwallets and Hotwallets (trust wallet belongs to this second category). The difference between these two groups is the way in which the wallet is connected to the blockchain, whether the connection is continuous or momentary, it means Offline (Coldwallet) or Online (Hotwallet).
As a consequence of the type of connection, Coldwallets are much more secure than Hotwallets, however this type of wallets have behind them companies with expert security teams that make sure that the wallets do not suffer any attack in case there is one. Despite being less secure than Coldwallets, hacking one is really complicated and rarely happens as there are few occasions in which someone has suffered an attack of this type.
All wallets, regardless of their type, consist of two keys. One is the public key, it is the address that we must give, it is like the number of our bank account that we would give to receive an income, with the public key it happens in the same way. The private key is the secret code that gives us access to our wallet, i.e. the password that gives us control over our account.
When creating the wallet, a password or pin is generated automatically and randomly. It is a set of recovery words known as Seed. The seed is composed of between 12 to 24 words, all of them with names of objects, a friendly way to be easier to remember. This group of words serves to regain control of our account. In case of loss or uninstallation of the wallet we would lose our cryptocurrencies if not for the Seed, hence the vital importance of keeping this key.
What is a Hot Wallet?
As already mentioned, a Hotwallet operates online. So the connection to the blockchain network is on a continuous basis. Thus a Hotwallet is much more tradable than a Coldwallet. In this way with a hot wallet we can always operate with our cryptocurrencies quickly, which would not happen with the Coldwallet because we should have it at hand, and if we want to operate at any time with it we should always have it on us with the risk of loss.
Below we show you the different types of Hotwallets:
- Wallet for SmartPhone (cell phone). Their main advantage is the great operability that they offer, since being on the cell phone we can use them at any time and place. The best known are Trust Wallet, Electrum, Mycelium and Coinomi.
- Wallet Desktopare applications that are installed on our computer and run locally on it. Normally desktop wallets are more secure than most web versions, however it is a priority to make sure that your PC is free of viruses and malware before installing this type of wallet. The best known are Exodus, Electrumand Bitcoin core.
- Wallet Online can be either App or dApp. They are usually installed as extensions in our browser. The best known ones are MetaMask, Phantom, BitGo and Blockchain.com.
Is the Trust Wallet application for PC secure?
If you still have doubts about whether Trust wallet is secure or not you can always check their website with all the information available. None of your personal data is collected in databases so your identity will be safe. Moreover, for the creation of a wallet you do not need any personal registration, you will not be asked for any data about your identity.
How does the application work?
A wallet far from what we can imagine, is not like a wallet where to store cryptocurrencies, it is rather a bridge between us and the blockchain. That is, the wallet acts as a door, it does not store cryptocurrencies but gives us access to our coins that are stored in the blockchain network.
To be able to operate with our cryptographic assets it will be enough to access the account through the password we have chosen, not to be confused with the private key or with the recovery phrase (seed), once we are in the interface we can send, receive and store cryptocurrencies, besides of course, the possibility of staking and earn extra passive income.